I can't believe it! I survived church for the first time in over a month. It was a little hairy, but overall went pretty good. It's not easy getting 4 kids ready for church all by myself, but it's a task that I can handle as long as I get a good head start and prepare a little bit the night before. Today Shane came home from his meetings before sacrament meeting to help me load Claudia and lift Elsie in and out of the car. He's still in the bishopric, so the kids on Sunday morning are all up to me.(Still trying to get my back better-my left leg from my calf down is still numb) I can't wait until we get some warm weather so we can walk to church and everywhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions to get my back better? My back actually doesn't hurt, it's just inflamation that's got my nerves all wacked out! I keep getting knots and cramps all down the back of my entire leg. Just standing for a few minutes get's it going. It's pretty frustrating. I've been going to the chiropractor, but still don't have any relief. My dad and Shane gave me a very powerful blessing a few weeks ago that feeling would return, so I know that it's going to happen. I guess I need more patience!
2 comments:
Hey that is awesome you made it through church and before church. About your back, I know that during massage school, we were told that a bulged disc is contraindicated. We couldn't massage them because it could do more damage to the area of the disc. When I worked for a chiropractor last April in Moscow, she would tell a patient to ice the sacrum area/butt bone if they had back or leg pain. That is where the major nerves come out that coordinate with the nerves in the legs. It makes sense to ice there to help leg pain. I don't know, I guess you could try that if you haven't already been doing it. Or ask your chiropractor if that would be helpful. Hope it gets better soon!
Thanks Lea, I've been icing. It does help with the pain, until it's melted. Actually, today has been the best day. My mom told me to beg when I say my prayers. It just might be working. Thanks for your help! Are you coming to visit soon? I can't wait to see those babies.
Post a Comment