Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back Surgery


A few weeks ago I had another MRI. The disc in my back is worse. The numbness is still in my leg and foot, so I went to the spine specialist. It turns out that I'm going to have to have a microdiscectomy. It's a procedure where they go in and cut the disc out that's touching the nerve root. I'm a little nervous,but feel like this is what I need to do so that the nerves can heal without any permanent damage. I'm not going to be able to lift more than 15 lbs, or bend and twist for 6-8 weeks. Yeah right I've got 4 kids!!
Luckily I have a good husband and mom. I'm lucky to have family and friends to help me out. I feel really bad because my summer is going to be pretty much shot, but if I heal up good then next summer will be a blast, cuz it's not fun being miserable either.

6 comments:

Charity Smith said...

Oh Mandy I'm so sorry but I sure hope it makes you feel better!! You will be in our prayers if you need anything let me know your kids are more than welcome to come play at my house!! I really mean that!!

Raylene said...

I'm glad you found out what was causing the pain but sorry for the surgery. Hope it's not very invasive. When are you having this done?

Johnson Family said...

I haven't set the date yet. More than likely the 19th of May. I'm going to keep doing my exercises and get some stuff done that I need to. (Elsie's & Peytons birthdays and Peytons baptism, remodeling and changing rooms)If there's still no improvement by the 2nd week of May I'll go through with it.
Charity- I might have to take you up on that! Thanks it means a lot!

Dorian and Angie said...

You know you have friends who will help too! As long as you dont make anymore comments about my baby, water, and power cords!! I looked at the picture again and it does make me look like a bad mom. I promise the tooth brush only sits in the charger so there were no wet cords! I still luv ya and I will be happy to help with young ones. Shane is good at the laundry so now we just need to enroll him in a crash course cooking class! Maybe Dorian could go with him because cooking is my least favorite thing to do.

Jenn said...

Good luck, Mandy! Hopefully the surgery will correct the problem...especially the pain!

Dannyel Crane said...

Good luck with the surgery! If it works let me know I might be needing a good Dr. Thank you for being such a good and supportive friend to Kwinnae. It's very tough but so is she and she deserves to be happy!